The project includes clinical and non-clinical services infrastructure to expand, enhance and optimise current capacity at Liverpool Hospital including:
• Integrated cancer centre (including inpatient, ambulatory, diagnostic, outpatient and research facilities)
• Critical care services (emergency department, intensive care, neonatal intensive care unit and special care nursery)
• Maternity and paediatric inpatient and ambulatory care facilities
• Aged care and rehabilitation expansion
• Ambulatory care and outpatient clinical spaces
• Expansion of interventional radiology and day surgery services
• Implementation of renal transplant services
• Expansion of haematology services including bone marrow transplant
• Associated clinical and non-clinical support services
• An anaesthesia focussed centre of practice and research
• Facilities and capacity for further teaching and research in partnership with industry and higher education partners
Early works to prepare the site for construction commenced in January 2020 and will continue into 2021 across two packages of works - Early Works Package 1 and Early Works Package 2.
The main works are also programmed across two stages, consisting of both new build and refurbished space.
Stage 1 main works includes redeveloping the main entrance of the hospital and the emergency department, constructing back of house services and a new multi-storey car park.
Stage 2 main works includes constructing the new Integrated Services Building, the new loading dock and the new Wellness Centre.
Refurbishment across the Clinical Services Building, new Clinical Services Building, Caroline Chisolm and other areas will be staggered across both stages in order to minimise disruption to the facility.