It is an exciting time for the local community, with the NSW Government investing $790 million in the redevelopment of Liverpool Hospital.
The project includes a $50 million committment for a new multi-storey car park, which will replace the smaller existing multi-storey car park on the site, providing 500 additional spaces across campus.
As one of the state’s biggest infrastructure projects, the Liverpool Health and Academic Precinct will boost the local economy and showcase Liverpool Hospital to the world as a hub for innovation and medical research.
The project includes clinical and non-clinical services infrastructure to expand, enhance and optimise current capacity at Liverpool Hospital including:
• Integrated cancer centre (including inpatient, ambulatory, diagnostic, outpatient and research facilities)
• Critical care services (emergency department, intensive care, neonatal intensive care unit and special care nursery)
• Maternity and paediatric inpatient and ambulatory care facilities
• Aged care and rehabilitation expansion
• Ambulatory care and outpatient clinical spaces
• Expansion of interventional radiology and day surgery services
• Implementation of renal transplant services
• Expansion of haematology services including bone marrow transplant
• Associated clinical and non-clinical support services
• Facilities and capacity for further teaching and research in partnership with industry and higher education partners.
Early works to prepare the site for construction commenced in January 2020 and will continue into 2021 across two packages of works - Early Works Package 1 and Early Works Package 2.
The main works are also programmed across two stages, consisting of both new build and refurbished space.
Stage 1 main works includes redeveloping the main entrance of the hospital, maternity services, outpatient and support services, including a new pathology department and an expansion of the emergency department.
Stage 2 main works includes constructing the new Integrated Services Building, which includes outpatient clinics, inpatient units, a new Wellness Centre and loading dock.
Refurbishment across the Clinical Services Building, new Clinical Services Building, Caroline Chisolm and other areas will be staggered across both stages in order to minimise disruption to the facility.
For detailed plans and information, view the Liverpool Health and Academic Precinct (Liverpool Hospital redevelopment project) Health Infrastructure website at https://www.hinfra.health.nsw.gov.au/our-projects/project-search/liverpool-health-and-academic-precinct